In pursuance to the Judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of Indiadated 08.05.2009 in Civil Appeal No. 887/2009, the University Grants Commission has framed “UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions, 2009” which have been notified on 4th July, 2009 in the Gazette of India. Does the College follow this regulation and subsequent guidelines issued in the matter in letter and spirit? Give details.
- Anti-ragging cell has been constituted at College level since 2013-14 in pursuance to the judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme court of India dated 08.05.2009 in Civil appeal number 887/2009
- Subsequent guidelines have been issued by the college as per the regulations framed by UGC to curb the menace of ragging in institution.
- Anti ragging squad has also been constituted to monitor the conduct of students at college, hostel and public places.
- Anti ragging cell ensure compliance with the provisions of these regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging.
- Anti ragging cell monitor and oversee the performance of the anti raggingsquad in prevention of ragging in the institution.
- The anti raggingcell considers the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad and takes appropriate decisions, including spelling out suitable punishments to those found guilty.
- The squad also educates the students at large by adopting various means about the menace of Ragging and related Punishments there to. CCTV cameras are installed at various locations of college building covering every part of college premises for monitoring and prevention of unfair activities.
- Positive reinforcement activities are adopted by anti raggingsquad for orienting students and molding their personality for a better cause.
By adopting the above measures anyragging cases have not been reported in this college till date.