Does the college have cultural centre to empower student leaders to explore,celebrate, and educate the campus community about the diversity among them? Does the college offers an inclusive and reflective space, multicultural programming, and support services that encourage positive interaction, academic persistence, and growth among students, faculty, and staff?
- A cultural activity gives the students an opportunity to develop particular skills and exhibit of their non-academic abilities. The cultural events can be broadly classified into competitions, festivals, workshops and celebrity shows. The college aims to bring out talent in the student community in all the possible forms whether its music, dance, theatre, literary skills, sketching or other fine art styles. In order to showcase these talents, college provides an opportunity to the students to participate in inter college cultural competition organized by university every year. College gives an inclusive and reflective space and encourage the students to participate in activities as mentioned below:
- Talent hunt programme on cultural activities are organized to explore the cultural talent among students.
- College provides an opportunity all facilities to students every year to participate in Inter college competition of cultural activities (Madai) organized at university level. In this occasion students grab an opportunity to interact with students of diverse locations.
Colleges organize special functions for their students as annual function. The day is celebrated at the close of the academic
- It provides an opportunity to assess the achievements and shortfalls of the students. The students are actively associated in all the segments of the programme. Rather, they manage all the activities by themselves. The presentation of annual report of college activities and achievements of students are special feature of the annual day function. Felicitation and distribution of certificates of merit in due acknowledgement to the students, faculty and staff of the college for their exemplary performance in different academic pursuits forms another segment of the programme.
- Every year on 5th September Teacher’s Day celebrated at college by the students on the occasion of birthday of Dr. SarvapalliRadhakrishnan. The event is conducted by the students union accompanied with all the students of college. Students from all classes exhibit their talents as a treat to the teachers. Followed by the programmes given by students, various games are conducted for the teachers.
Ganesh Chaturthi is a highly preferred and most popular festival of the Hindu religion. It is celebrated annually in the month of August or September with big enthusiasm. It is celebrated as a birth anniversary of the Lord Ganesha. Every year Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated in college by students with great spectacle and splendor. Apart from decoration and chanting prayers, also a range of cultural activities are organized by the students to observe the auspicious festival.